4 DAYS NYUNGWE CHIMP SAFARI (INS030)
4 DAYS NYUNGWE CHIMP SAFARI
Tour Code: INS030
Day 1: Nyungwe Forest National Park
Briefing on your safari. Start for Nyungwe Forest National Park. Visit the old palace in Nyanza. Drive past green hills of tea and the vast Nyungwe Forest. Spend overnight at ORTPN Rest house (FB).
Day 2: Chimp tracking
After breakfast, go and track gorillas in the forest. Check out these beautiful cousins of ours and Colobus monkeys besides other primates and birds including the Rwenzori Turaco. Or go chimp tracking. Picnic lunch. Return late afternoon. Stay overnight at ORTPN Rest house (FB).
Day 3: Birding in Nyungwe Forest
Nyungwe is Rwanda’s best ornithological site empowered with a variety of birds therefore is a great spot for committed birders. In the afternoon you can do short guided nature walk in the forest or visit the local community. Stay overnight at ORTPN Rest House (FB)
Day 4: Rwanda Cultural Tour
Return to Kigali and if time permits visit the cultural museum in Butare and appreciate Rwanda’s history. Transfer to airport to your next destination.
Included in the package:
• 3 nights’ accommodation with meal plan as stated
• Transport (4WD) and Fuel for the whole trip plus a full time English speaking safari guide
• Gorilla permits
• Water throughout the trip
• Lunch on 1st and last day of safari
Excluded from the package:
• Phone calls, bar bills, laundry bills and any other personal expense not included on the itinerary.
• Accommodation for the first night prior to the trip and the last night after the trip
- Fees for extra activities, meals not included in the itinerary as well as optional activities
All Gorilla trips must be booked three months in advance and can only be confirmed depending on availability of gorilla permitsGo back to Rwanda short safaris page